Wow, thanks to everyone who answered our 2 quick questions to help shape our up and coming product the evidence-based Tourism Marketing Plan Blueprint™. What an amazing result. We had nearly 200 separate answers on those 'top 2 questions' from you.
If you didn't get a chance to fill out the survey , our question was: "What are your two top questions about marketing planning for travel and tourism in 2016 that we absolutely NEED to answer in our Tourism Marketing Plan Blueprint™?"
I love doing these exercises. They are so insightful and reinforces to me just how important it is to ask our customers what they want. I even have to admit, both Carolyn and I found a few surprises in there.
I thought it would be great to share some of the top line results and themes with you. We had a huge range of questions, but many had common themes. The areas that you most absolutely need information and answers on include (but are not limited to) are:
Top 10 Questions About Tourism Marketing Planning.
- How do we measure ROI? This was a 'biggie' and seems to be the question on everyone's lips.
- Who are my customers? How do I find out what they need and want?
- Customer profiling - including personas
- How do we reach our customers?
- Seniors - how do we target them?
- How do we cut through in a crowded market? We all seem at odds at the moment on how to get 'cut through'
- Traditional v.s. Digital marketing.
- What should the mix be?
- Can we 'do' digital only?
- What should go into a marketing plan in today's environment?
- How do we work with the sharing economy? This question came through from the perspective of a few DMO's
- Smartphones/mobile and the traveller.
Of the 200 questions you submitted, we are going to answer every one of those questions in the coming months in short videos, so make sure you stay in touch and keep an eye out for our videos as they come through.
And if you want a little more information, I talk you through some of the results in more depth here on this video and touch on a couple of other things that came out of the research.
We would love to know your questions if you didn't get a chance to fill out the survey. Leave us a comment and we answer them for you.